Friday, March 20, 2009

Homecoming!

If you were at my vet clinic today, you would have seen Locket throwing a little kitty fit and me crying. Cassie wasn't there, but she says she has a pretty good idea of what happened...

(Cassie's taking Writing for the Screen this semester.)

INT. VETERINARY EXAM ROOM - DAY.

LILY LOCKE is standing beside a metal exam table with a pet taxi. She is impatient. She is considering pacing the floor.

The rear door OPENS and TRISHA, the vet tech, comes out carrying LOCKET, wrapped in a blanket.

SFX: Locket CRYING pitifully.

LOCKET (VO)
Lily! Lily! Where were you? I thought you left me
here for good!
Lily scoops him up and cuddles him. She is crying.
LILY
It's okay, Locket! It's okay, sweetie. You're going home
and you're going to see Buster and D'Artagnan. And Cocoa!
Cocoa's been going crazy about you!
LOCKET (VO)
Lily, you'll never guess what happened to me! This big, fat cat
yelled at me!
LILY
I missed you, Locky! Are you okay? Are you all better?
LOCKET (VO)
And then Trisha scolded him and when she wasn't looking,
he took his hairy paw and tried to hit me. I bit him!
LILY
I know, I know, you'll be fine. We're going home and
you and I are going to have a nice quiet weekend with the
rest of th cats! If you climb into the cage like a good boy -
LOCKET (VO)
But Lily, you're not listening to me! Someone hissed at me!
LILY
- I'll let you out in the car and you can sleep on the
backseat in the sun.
LOCKET (VO)
Hmmm... That doesn't sound like such a bad idea...
Locket puts his head on Lily's shoulder and purrs. Lily beams. She rocks him a minute, then puts him in his cage. He purrs louder.
END OF SCENE
Okay, so I can't exactly vouch for Cassie's formatting skills, but that is eerily similar to the way it happened. Cassie knows me too well.
-L

3 comments:

  1. It's good to hear you got to come home. I hope you got lots of snuggles from your kitty family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Little Locket is all better and gots to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you got to go home, Locket. I hope you are all better now. I have given you an award. Please come by my blog to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete